Saturday, September 4, 2010

Japanized Porkchops

It's because of the panko (a variety of flaky breadcrumbs), tonkatsu sauce and the Japanese mayo.  Eating it felt like eating some authentic Japanese tonkatsu except that we took it one notch higher in taste.  You see, Naddydaddy likes highly-flavored food.  So what  I do is  marinate the boneless porkchop for a few hours in some store-bought marinade, grated ginger and grated garlic.  I always ask for thick-cut boneless porkchops from the supermarket so I can butterfly them.  I slit the meat halfway through its thickness stopping before I cut them all the way, then start pounding it with the back of a knife.  Of course, it's not necessary to butterfly them but I do it anyway to make sure that I cook the meat uniformly and it stays tender.   They go into the marinade for a few hours before the deep frying begins.

Those poor meat are then given underwear, lotion and some hip clothes. Flour-beaten eggs-panko, if you prefer it.  Then they dive into the very hot oil maintained at medium heat and in a minute or so, emerge a new being.  All tanned and full-bodied.   Always remember not to overcook meat so they stay tender and juicy.   Let it cool a bit and slice it up.  Give them some make up: tonkatsu sauce and mayo, and then you'll have hubby coming to the table in no time.  I usually serve it with julienned cabbage sauteed in garlic and oil then splashed with some sesame seed oil for that oomph.  Meet some of the cast: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails