Thursday, September 16, 2010

Salmon in Butter-Lime Sauce


At least once a week, I try to incorporate fish in our diets.  If it were just me, I'd have fish every other day. I love fish but not to the point of having it everyday.  Gotta have some meat, y'know? Pork, beef or chicken- whatever!  Even Nanawu gets his break from meat.  And I think it's because we don't eat fish that much (read: every other day, lol), that they enjoy them too.   

This salmon dish went into Naddy's lunchbox. I can make him eat fish in almost any form - steamed, fried, sauteed, with soup, but this is lunch we're talking about.  His lunchbox meal.  So it's got to be something he would really like otherwise he'll end up having it for lunch and for afternoon snack.  Naddy will kill me for broadcasting this but the truth is, if he gets too much for lunch (too much=too many or too much=just the right amount but not really his thing), he'll eat half of it for lunch and then force himself to eat the rest later for fear of Tetetmum's wrath.  Haha!  

This is pretty easy to make.  Emphasis on the word "easy".  Again, easy.  I am not yet the greatest cook, hey I'm relatively new in this department!  I still have a lot to learn but I am enjoying my journey.  Are you convinced?  You can think that I only like doing easy dishes and it's fine with me. It's the truth anyway.  

So how do you do it?  (1) Season the salmon with salt and pepper, (2) heat olive oil and butter then brown the fish,  (3) remove fish from heat (i removed the oil as well) and heat up another batch of butter.  (4) throw in some minced garlic and some parsley [optional], (5) add lime or lemon, add more butter if too sour/more lime or lemon if too dull for your taste.  There you go-- salmon in butter-lime sauce in 5 easy steps.  Sprinkle some dill weed if you wish.  Serve with a smile, or in my case, pack with a smile and lots of love.  And wish Naddy would eat it in one sitting.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails