Friday, October 8, 2010

Steamed Shrimps


I love shrimp.  So much so that even if Naddydaddy doesn't eat them, I still buy and cook them anyway.  I always force him to take a bite and understand why I eat it with my eyes shut.  He obliges and takes half a piece.  When he saw me uploading the photo above, he asked me if I'm posting it.  I said why not?  He said "I don't even eat it and it's so simple to make."   Oh, Naddy!  I reckon you haven't figured out why I love shrimps?  Sometimes the simplest dish turns out to be the best.  This is a classic example.  I got those shrimps alive from the market, and after cleaning they went straight into the steamer until they turned pink.  That's about it.  You can serve it with any dipping sauce of your choice.  I mixed some soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and chopped coriander and it's divine.   But the shrimps were sweet and plump,  and  they really don't need any dipping sauce, in my opinion.

The beauty of simplicity.  When you have something so wonderful and so fresh, you should let it stand out.  In this case simple is best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails