Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mortadella Sarnies

 

To grill or not to grill.  That's the question.  The question for the mortadella, that is.  Mortadella is an Italian sausage  that is delicately flavored.  It is usually served as an appetizer or in a sandwich.  Mortadella sandwich is usually  mortadella slices on sourdough bread, with  provolone cheese, mayonnaise and mustard.  Today while singing and dancing with Nanawu in school, the slices of mortadella sitting inside my fridge kept distracting me.  But I don't have any bread at home.  Oh well, we can always pass by the bakery on our way home.  Obviously, I didn't get any sourdough bread.  Feeling slightly luxe, I grabbed some croissants,  not really sure if they'd go well together.  Now back to the question on whether to grill it or not.  I couldn't decide.  If I grill it and it doesn't turn out good, I'd hate myself.  If I don't, then I would be filled with what ifs.  Then I would end up doing it for my next meal.  So really, why punish myself?  So my friends, that is why I have two different-looking sandwiches above.   To compare.  To avoid making a very difficult decision.

So how was it?  Which one's better?  The grilled mortadella was saltier, tastier and became a little oily as a result of the grilling.  The one I didn't cook has a lighter taste and tasted like, uhmm, like mortadella.  It's a finer and more delicate version of bologna.  Oh, please don't ask me to choose.  I'm not good at that.  Let's just put it this way:  If I have the time, I'll grill it.  If I'm in a hurry, I won't.  And if I'm too lazy, I'll eat it without bread.  

I grabbed a bunch of mesculin greens and drizzled it with balsamic vinegar dressing.  Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails