Monday, November 15, 2010

Ribeye Steak


I've not been myself this day.   It's a Sunday and even if we planned on staying home, I don't have any idea what to eat.  I didn't cook breakfast and we had an impromptu lunch.  True, our lunch was awesome.   Got excited preparing and eating it and then I'm back to being clueless about dinner.  Told Naddy we should just buy cooked food.  Okay, he said.  What if we get some steak and I can cook it in a jiffy?  He said I can't cook steak, I'm not good at making things "soft".   Are we talking about steak here, because I think he's trying to compliment rather than insult me.  But thinking about steak already shook me out of the slump I was in.  Naddy insulting my steak-abilities only inspired me more.  It got me even more excited than I already was.  We picked a big chunk of ribeye and it struck me as I was thinking of how I'd do it.  Maybe Naddy was right after all.  I haven't had any success in making steak, not that we do it often.  It may be one reason why we always want steak when we eat out.  I've learned that the thing is to get good-quality steak.  I'll erase those bad steak days from our memories, you'll see.  This one's gonna be really good.  Confidence-- use it.  It works.

Rub the steak with salt, pepper and very little dark soy sauce [I used sashimi soy sauce].  Grill based on your preference.  We like it medium well.  I sliced the steak so it's not overwhelming and topped it with white truffle paté.  I served it with a mini cup of garlic fried rice and salad greens with balsamic dressing.  Naddy can't stop raving about how tender and flavorful the steak was.  

No more bad-steak days.   Steak memory reboot a success.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails