Friday, January 7, 2011

Yummy New Year!

New Year's Eve Dinner:  Barbecue Ribs, Potato Gratin, Corn on the Cob and Pina Colada

I'm not superstitious.  But I can be if I want to, especially with food.  There are so many interesting superstitions associated with New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.  I've always believed that our life story has been written since the day we were born but our attitude and decisions affect our journey towards the end.  I hate pretending to be somebody who thinks a lot because the truth is, all I think about is food.  What I crave for, how to get my hands (and mouth) on it, and how happy I'd be if they were satisfied.  So maybe you could say that I think a lot after all.  And I think about what to cook too!  So there you go, I'm Tetetmum the Thinker! Hah!  But I digress.  Let's get back to superstitions.  They say that what you do on the first day of the year sets the tone for the entire year.  So even if all I wanted to do was sleep in until I'm dizzy sleeping, I woke up early.  Started the day looking forward to the day ahead and you guessed it right, cooking!  And don't forget the best part: eating!  I actually allowed myself to go a step further and end the year with a bang!   Here are some of the food I made for the New Year celebration.

Barbecue Ribs:  Doesn't Look Much But Trust Me, It'll Make You Sing

The Best Ribs I've Ever Made.  Tasty and Falling Off The Bones
Potato Gratin and Baked Corn
Non-alcoholic Pina Colada: Pineapples, Lychees and Coconut Juice
Midnight Snack [All Things Round]: Ham, Ensaymada (Cheesy Bread), Chocolates, Fruits, Hot Choco
New Year Lunch: MBBT Appetizer, Shrimp Salad, Porterhouse Steak with Gravy, Garlic-Butter Shrimps, Fruit Salad
MBBT Appetizer: Mozzarella, Bacon, Basil
and Semi Sun-dried Tomatoes
Garlic-Butter Shrmips
Shrimp Salad with Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing
Porterhouse Steak (medium rare) With Gravy on the Side
Porterhouse Steak, With View of the Glorious Fat
Fruit Salad with Young Coconut
You could guess from the spread above that I intend to make 2011 a year of gastronomic adventures for the Silvannas.  I am looking forward to more easy-to-cook but delightful meals.   I can already smell a yummy year ahead.   Here's wishing everyone a yummy new year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails