Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Potato Salad


I kid you not when I say that the idea came to me while lying in bed and making Nanawu sleep.   I was thinking of doing cajun fries to go with my fajita.  Of course, it didn't feel right.  Then this sudden jolt hit me and I told my sous chef to boil a potato.  Wait, make that two potatoes.  Something this powerful ought to come in a bigger batch.  When Nanawu fell asleep, I got up and went straight to the kitchen.  Sour cream, check.  Mayo, check.  Scallions, check.  Bacon, check.  I used half of a tub of sour cream, added some mayo (3 portions of sourcream: 1 portion of mayo), sea salt and pepper.  Whisk and taste until satisfied.  Stir in the scallions then fold in the warm diced potatoes.  Chill for at least an hour.  Top with crushed bacon just before serving.  And as Nanawu loves to say, "ta-dah!".  Amazing potato salad.  Quick and easy.  Big in taste, big in fat.  Geez, forget the fat and enjoy!  We had it for breakfast with buttered toast the following morning and it tasted even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails